…. > w >
I DID THAT FACE THING FROM FOREVER AGO
BUT I DID IT MY WAY
Leslie Plz…. XD
For Nat’s meme and stuff. Hi, I love making expressions.
NAT THIS IS FOR YOU <3
Somewhere with expressive people! :D
So I am trying my hand to see if I can inspire a project to help provide more reference resources for artists here on DA (Or in this case, Tumblr).
My wishful thinking is, we have a million glamour shots and wistful looking beauties here on DA (Tumblr), but for the cartoon artist we rely on our own reflection to capture the melodrama and nuances of expressions. It would be very interesting to see individuals with their unique and expressive faces run the gamut of human emotion and help us learn how to draw others better!
A few Humble Requests:
1) No makeup, save for perhaps lipstick if you go black and white. We need to see those wrinkles.
2) Don’t be afraid to look grotesque, to see how the face moves and contorts is the most important thing. An artist can reduce and tone down to suit their style.
3) It is not required to make the images black and white, but I did notice it made it easier to exaggerate the the planes of the face when I didn’t have to worry about color too.I personally prefer color images, but feel free to do it in black and white.
4) Hair can be a valuable way to show action and emotion, but for this please pull your hair off your face.
5) If it is possible, keep the images at their original size. 9 by 16.5 at 300 dpi. This allows for a great quality image that can be printed out for individual artists use :3. When you save it as a Jpeg it should weigh in at about 8 mbs.
Grab your template! And take pictures of your lovely faces!
EDIT: Please tag all of your fills as “facial expressions reference project” so that I can find them! Thanks!